One other thing happened last week: I have been nominated for the blogger-recognition award by Marijke! That really surprised me and I feel a bit honoured. Thank you so much! Eve created this award in the first place. These little awards are a small gesture of goodwill that have a big impact on the people who receive them. This nomination made my day/week. I feel inspired to keep writing posts and my confidence has been given a little boost. And now I feel that I am a part of this community. These simple pay-it-forward awards do a lot of good for the community. You can find the story behind my blog and me in my About. Since I’m a new blogger as well, there’s not a lot of advice I can give. Just write about what you love and inspires you. Try to reach out to other bloggers by reading and commenting on their blogposts.:)
With all of that said, how can you participate and do your part?
If you are nominated…
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing! (Note: You can decline the award if you don’t feel up to doing the above)
- Cat in a Cookie Jar
- Hello Pippa
- Fräulein Ella
- The Robbylicious
- Rugged Kitchen
- Mein gehäkeltes Herz
- Klitze-kleine Dinge
- About Noa
- Törtchen – Made in Berlin
- Beachy Happiness – The Travelaway Girl
- Torten bei Natascha